8 Best RV Sewer Hoses of 2021
Today, we’ll talk about waste removal. This is an unglamorous side of RV life but one that is very essential for hygiene and sanitation. That’s why it is important to talk about this topic.
In particular, we’ll talk about RV sewer hoses and how they make this task so much easier and effective. The way they work is very simple but in reality, you will find yourself in a disgusting and messy situation if you don’t get yourself the best RV sewer hose in the market.
Can you imagine the horror if your RV sewer hose gets damaged as you are draining your waste? You’re going to have a stinky problem for sure.
To help ensure that you don’t find yourself stuck in that messy situation, we’ll help you find the best RV sewer hose. This will give you peace of mind and remove all your worries about dumping your RV waste.
So, read on to find out everything you need to know about an RV sewer hose and how to choose the right one for your rig so that you can say goodbye to those nasty problems.
Reviews of the 8 Best RV Sewer Hoses of 2021
Now, here’s our reviews about each of them. This will give you a good idea about what to look for in an RV sewer hose.
- Compacts for easy storage
- End caps included to prevent dripping when not in use
- Four-prong bayonet style fitting with gasket ensures a tight, secure connection
- 4-in-1 adapter fits any standard sewer connection
- Transparent elbow allows you to see when your tank is empty
- Durable hose reinforced with steel wire
- Hose length: 15′
The Camco RhinoFLEX 15 foot RV sewer hose kit is a bestseller. It has thousands of buyers, most of whom have great feedbacks regarding this product. It is no wonder also that this sewer hose kit is an Amazon’s Choice product.
The bayonet style fitting of this Camco RhinoFLEX kit can be attached to any standard RV sewer outlet. It also comes with a 4 in 1 adapter that will allow you to connect to a dump station with a different configuration. Either way, you’re sure to get the job done.
This sewer hose connects securely to both ends so you don’t have to worry about leaks. It also comes with a transparent elbow that allows you to monitor the draining process so you’ll know if your waste water tanks are already empty.
It is a durable hose made with heavy duty HTS vinyl. It is flexible and tough. You can bend it around and it will still hold its shape. Its construction allows you to only extend the hose according to the length that you need for dumping your RV waste. This way, you won’t have to worry about the excess length.
- Deluxe kit includes two 10 foot 18mil super heavy-duty HTS vinyl sewer hoses with pre-attached swivel fittings
- Fittings swivel 360 degrees for easy connecting and disconnecting
- Included 4-in-1 adapter is compatible with 3-inch slip or 3-inch, 3-1/2-inch and 4-inch NPT threaded sewer connection
- Easily stores in 4-inch square bumpers when 4-in-1 adapter is remove
- Includes a bonus clear Extender so you can see when your tank is empty, plus 2 bayonet and 2 lug end caps for storage
The Camco 39658 Deluxe 20 foot swivel kit is another quality product from Camco that’s easy on the pocket. It has thousands of buyers and many of them have provided positive feedbacks regarding this sewer hose kit. This is why it is another Amazon’s Choice product from Camco.
The Camco deluxe kit is also made with heavy duty HTS vinyl making it durable, flexible and tough. The fittings of this RV sewer hose kit have been pre-attached and can be turned all the way to 360 degrees making the connection and disconnection process much easier. This RV sewer hose kit also comes with a 4 in 1 adapter which is compatible with other sizes of sewer connection so that you can still dump your RV waste even when the dump station has a different configuration.
This 20 feet long hose comes with a clear extender which allows you to see how the dumping process is going along. You can check if your waste water tanks are already empty.
- Comes complete with a time-tested CAM lock connector that ensures a leak-proof connection to the sewer outlet
- Hose is designed with its helical coil on the outside, while the inside is much smoother, preventing waste from getting trapped inside the hose
- UV-protected hose is 5’6″ feet compressed and 20 feet extended and features technology that keeps it extended during use to the exact length required
- Permanently-connected nozzle is molded with an easy-grip handle, an integrated shut-off valve and a clear view port that allows the user to see when waste has completely evacuated
- Nozzle also features a 90 degree discharge port that is easy to fit and secure into any sewage inlet
Lippert claims to be the future of RV waste management and the Lippert Waste Master System Sewer Hose seems to prove this because of its design and construction.
Lippert Waste Master sewer hose features a helical coil design on the outside. This makes it convenient for users to extend the hose according to their desired length as the situation requires. Meanwhile, the interior is smooth so that the waste can flow smoothly without getting trapped in the crevices.
The Lippert Waste Master sewer hose is durable and built to last. UV-protected so it can withstand the harmful rays of the sun whenever you use it. It can also resist punctures and abrasions which are sometimes unavoidable when you’re using your drain hose.
Lippert Waste Master also used the revolutionary CAM lock connector as the hose’s locking mechanism to ensure that there are no leaks as you drain your RV waste. Lippert Waste Master also features a CAM lock connector provides a strong and reliable seal to the sewer outlets.
Lippert Waste Master also features a user-friendly nozzle that has a built-in handle that contributes to its ease of use. It has a 90 degree discharge port that makes it easy to connect to any dump station. It also has a clear view port to let you know when the hose is already clean and empty.
With this innovative design and features, Lippert Waste Master System gives us a clean, quick and easy solution for our RV waste management needs.
- Heavy duty HTS vinyl hoses
- Four-prong bayonet style fittings with gasket ensure a tight, secure connection.
- 4-in-1 adapter fits any standard sewer connection.
- Translucent elbow allows you to see when your tank is empty.
- Fittings can be reused on new hoses.
- 360 degree swiveling fittings for easy connecting.
The Camco Revolution is another quality product from Camco. This is an Amazon’s Choice product with thousands of satisfied buyers. They appreciate its ease of use and durability.
The Camco Revolution RV sewer hose kit includes two 10 foot heavy duty hoses made of HTS vinyl, 2 lug fittings to ensure that there are no leaks when you connect the 2 hoses, 2 bayonet style fittings to make connecting to the sewer outlets easier and more secure, a detachable translucent elbow to let your know when you’re done draining the contents of your waste water tanks, and a 4-in-1 adapter to allow you to connect to sewer connections in dump stations with different configuration.
You can compress the hose and fittings once you’re done to make storage more convenient. They can fit inside your standard 4-inch square bumpers so they won’t take up too much space in your rig.
- Titan 10′ can be used to increase the reach of your sewer hose and can be used alone or extend a 15′ hose to 20′
- Made of TPE, the hose is uncrushable – bounces back in shape even after being run over by a car
- Puncture, abrasion and extreme temperature resistance
- Comes with the Extended Grip universal bayonet mount , easy to mount on any RV sewer outlet
Value for money, this is what the Thetford Titan 10 foot RV sewer hose extension offers you. You can use it as is or connect it with your existing hose for longer length.
This is a very durable sewer hose. It is made of rugged TPE and can resist extreme temperature, punctures, and abrasions. You can step on it and it will go back to its original shape.
It has an ergonomic design. It features an ExtendGrip fitting to make handling the hose so much easier. It also comes with a universal adapter so that you can attach it to any sewer connection. The end caps ensure no dripping when it’s time to store your hose.
- The Dominator hose kit includes collapsible two 10 foot hoses with rotating fittings plus a 90 degree universal sewer adapter and 4 drip caps
- Each hose collapses from 10 feet to 39 inches for convenient storage
- Pre-installed fittings with bayonet hooks ensure a leak-proof system and keep hose flat
- 90-degree adapter is transparent, allowing you to see when draining is complete. It fits 6 different sewer types with a gas-tight seal
- 23 mil thick hose material stays in shape when in use to ease the draining process
Valterra is a trusted brand in the RV plumbing industry. The Valterra Dominator RV sewer hose kit is an Amazon’s Choice product because of its quality and reasonable price.
This sewer hose kit comes with everything you need to get the job done efficiently. It comes with pre-installed fittings that have bayonet hooks so that you can connect to the sewer outlets without experiencing any leaks. The clear elbow adapter will let you know when the draining process is over.
The sewer hose is made of 23 mil thick durable material which is capable of retaining its shape as you’re using it. It stays flexible even in extreme temperatures. Each of the hose can be collapsed to 39″ so you can store them easily. It also comes with drip caps so that you can ensure the cleanliness of your rig when you store your drain hose.
- No need for clamps, tools or threading your hoses
- Pushover Quick Connectors are pre-installed for simple push-on connections to Blueline fittings
- Made of heavy-duty UV-protected vinyl
- Hose Length: 25′
If you need a longer hose to maintain a comfortable distance between your rig and the sewer connection. The Prest-O-Fit 25 foot ultimate sewer hose is worthy of your consideration.
The Prest-O-Fit Ultimate Sewer Hose drain hose is made of heavy duty vinyl with UV protection. It is weather-proof which means you can rely on its performance no matter what the weather is. It has connectors that are easy and quick to install and use. There are no need for other tools, clamps, or other threading when you connect them to other Blueline fittings.
You can compress this 25 foot drain hose into merely 53.5 inches so don’t have to worry about its storage.
Camco continues to offer us with diverse options to suit our specific travel needs. If you are the occasional RVer and don’t want to spend too much on a drain hose but still want to get a good quality sewer hose, this is a great choice for you.
It extends up to 20 feet so that you can connect to the sewer outlet while maintaining a comfortable distance. It is durable being made of 12 mils of black HTS vinyl. This Camco durable high tensile strength sewer with steel wire core contains more wire and vinyl than other standard sewer hoses.
You can compress this hose to only 27.5 inches so you can store it easily as it does not take up too much space in your camper.
There you have it! The 8 best RV sewer hoses in the market. Have you already chosen which one you like to get for your camper? Read onto find out more about RV sewer hoses and how you can choose the best RV sewer hose for your rig.
What is an RV Sewer Hose? How does it work?
An RV sewer hose is an essential part of your RV’s waste water and sanitation system. It is a drain hose that connects your RV sewer outlet to the sewer connection.
The way it works is simple. It ensures that the waste in your RV goes straight to the dumping station. That is how it helps keep your RV clean and sanitary.
To dump your RV waste, you just need to connect one end of your sewer hose to your RV’s sewer outlet and connect the other end to the sewer connection. That’s how simple it is.
But things can get messy as any experienced RVer would know. This happens when the RV sewer hose isn’t kept in good condition or is not durable to begin with. You also need to ensure that the connections in the sewer outlets are secure to avoid leaks and spills.
This is why you need to get yourself a good quality RV sewer hose to avoid these disgusting and messy situations. We all just want to have a relaxing RV trip, right? We want to get done the dumping process as hassle-free and mess-free as possible.
What are the different types of RV sewer hoses?
There are 2 main types of RV sewer hoses that you will find in the market as you search for the best RV sewer hose for your rig. It’s best to know the difference between these 2 types so that you’ll know which type of sewer hose will suit your RV waste disposal needs.
RV Sewer Hoses (Regular Length)
RV sewer hoses usually come with a length of 15 feet to 20 feet. This has been an industry standard because it is deemed sufficient for you to be able to connect your RV sewer outlet to the dump station. But there are times when you can’t park your RV within 15 to 20 foot distance from the campsite’s sewer connection, in which case you’ll be needing an extension hose to bridge the gap.
Extension RV Sewer Hoses
Having an extension RV sewer hose gives you the flexibility to be near or far from a dump station and still be able to drain the contents of your waste water tanks. This is usually available in 10 foot length. The extra length is useful as you won’t strain your main sewer hose trying to reach the sewer connection. This will prevent damages such as a bursting hose due to the strain and help you avoid a messy situation.
Collapsible RV Sewer Hoses
If you talk to a seasoned RV owner, chances are he’ll tell you to get a collapsible RV sewer hose. It helps a lot in terms of ease of storage. Since it is collapsible, it can be reduced to a compact size when you’re done using it. It is always a smart choice since it will not take up too much space in your storage area.
Another great feature of these type of sewer hose is that you can shorten them as needed when you are parked closer to the dump station. In this sense, it is customizable according to your needs.
These are just some of the most common type of sewer hoses that you’ll encounter. Check which one you need to make your waste disposal much easier and efficient.
Benefits of RV Sewer Hoses
RV sewer hoses are an essential part of RV life. Dumping RV waste may be our least favorite thing to do, but there’s no denying that it is very important. Otherwise, you’ll suffer serious consequences.
We don’t really pay that much attention to waste disposal in our households. When we use the bathroom and toilet at home, all the waste water goes straight to the septic tank that’s connected to the residential sewer line system.
But since we’re mobile in our RVs, this isn’t the case. We have to connect to a dumping station to drain our RV waste and these are the main reasons for doing so.
Ensures proper hygiene.
We should keep our RV clean to prevent the spread of diseases and maintain the good health of everyone using the rig. Dumping the RV waste is one of the practices that will help us ensure proper hygiene within the rig.
We’re talking about wastes here. If it stays in your tank for too long, there would be molds and bacterial growth. If left unattended, their presence can render your mobile home unlivable.
This is why we should regularly dump the contents of our waste water tanks in the proper dumping stations and we can only do this with the help of our RV sewer hoses. It makes the dumping processa lot easier.
Prevents sewage odors and plumbing damage.
This is actually self-explanatory. Again, we’re talking about wastes here and sooner or later, they would stink if you don’t remove them from your waste tanks. Imagine the horror of having to smell the foul odor inside your rig. Or the wastewater can cause clogging in your camper’s plumbing system. Trust us, nothing good will happen when you don’t empty the contents of your waste water tanks regularly.
Allows for easy waste removal.
RV sewer hoses help bridge the gap between your RV sewer outlet and the sewer connection. It is where your RV waste can pass through or flow as you empty the contents of your waste water tanks. It makes the process easier and prevents messy leaks and spills from happening.
These are the main advantages of using an RV sewer hose. It ensures proper hygiene is maintained in your rig, keeps you from having to deal with foul odors, keeps your plumbing system working properly, and makes RV waste disposal so much easier.
How to use an RV sewer hose?
If it’s your first time to be delegated the task of dumping the RV waste during your camping trip, here’s a step by step guide on how to use your RV sewer hose so that you can get the job done properly and quickly.
It just takes a basic understanding of how the RV sewer hose works and how to use it correctly. This will ensure a hassle-free dumping process.
- Always put on your latex gloves first. This is to protect your hands from coming into direct contact with the waste.
- Make sure that your sewer valves are closed before you take off the cap. This will save you from a very messy situation.
- Connect one end of the RV sewer hose to your rig’s waste fitting and the other end of the hose to the ground sewer inlet. Make sure that both ends are secure to prevent any leaks from happening.
- Open the hose valve of your black tank slowly and carefully. This will start the dumping process. Just let the waste drain fully into the dumping station. When it’s done, close the valve properly.
- Do the same with your gray tank. Open its hose valve slowly and carefully so that the contents will flow into the sewer hose. Make sure that there are no leaks. When the gray tank is fully drained, shut off the valve properly.
- Now that both the black and gray tanks are emptied of their contents, make sure that your RV sewer hose valves are closed completely.
- Disconnect the RV sewer hose from your rig’s waste fitting but don’t disconnect the other end of the hose yet from the sewer inlet.
- Clean the inside of the hose using non-drinking water from the dumping station. Make sure that there are no waste residues left. Clean the outside of your sewer hose as well.
- When your RV sewer hose is already clean, detach it from the sewer inlet then replace the cap. Keep your RV sewer hose in a proper storage area.
Things to know before buying an RV sewer hose
It is always good to make an informed decision before buying something. This way, you get exactly what you need and you’ll be happy with your purchase. Here are the important things that you should look for to be able to buy the best RV sewer hose.
Flexibility refers to the sewer hose’s ability to stretch all the way to the dumping station. It should be able to adapt to the humps, curves and turns along the way.
If your RV sewer hose isn’t flexible, it might break with a simple tug and this will cause you a major headache for sure!
If your RV sewer hose is flexible, it can also adapt to various weather conditions. It can withstand the cold of winter and the heat of summer. It won’t get stiff or brittle under these situations.
You should read the customers’ feedbacks regarding the product that you’re eyeing. Don’t just rely on the product information. Check their reviews regarding the sewer hose’s flexibility and performance – how it moves and performs during different weather conditions.
As with every stuff you have in your rig, each has should have its rightful place. You can’t afford to bring bulky items as space is very limited.
Having said this, you’ve got to seriously consider the RV sewer hose’s storability. Where and how can you store it in your rig? How much space will it take up? If you have the answers for these, then you can select that particular product knowing that it won’t give you any problems when it comes to storage.
Get an RV sewer hose that’s collapsible so that it won’t take up too much space as you store it when you’re not using it. You can measure your available storage space and check the product description if it will fit there.
This is a crucial factor. You don’t want to be too close to the dumping station. So, you’d want an RV sewer hose that would be long enough to connect your RV sewer outlet to the sewer connection and yet still allow you to maintain a comfortable distance as you’re dumping all the waste.
There are RV sewer hoses that come in at 10 feet, 15 feet, and 20 feet long. You must choose wisely which one is the right length for you. You don’t want it to be too short as it would be problematic to connect to the dumping station. You also don’t want it to be too long as it might be too bulky to store.
Should you buy a short sewer hose and then realize later on that you need a longer one, there are extension hoses that you can buy in the market. These are usually available in 10 foot length
It is helpful to know the average price of an RV sewer hose so that you have an idea if the product is too cheap or too pricey. Check the prices of the products that you’re considering to buy. The price of RV sewer hoses can range from $40 to $150.
Be a wise buyer. There are quality RV sewer hoses that you can buy for $70. We say this because we all know that there’s a reason why some products are being sold for a very cheap price. The quality is often sacrificed. You also don’t want to buy a very expensive hose because it would hurt your finances. If you can get your preferred features at an affordable price then go for it!
This feature refers to the product’s width and girth. The wider the product, the better the waste will be able to flow into the dumping station. When the waste is able to flow better, you’ll be done with your dumping duties faster.
This feature also determines the durability of the RV sewer hose. You’d want to have a thicker hose so that it can withstand frequent use.
Experts recommend getting an RV sewer hose with a thickness of 23 mm so that it will be able to endure constant use. You can adjust the thickness according to your frequency of use.
Keep in mind that thicker hoses are also more expensive so it will have an impact on the price of the product. If you don’t use your RV that often, then you can settle for a sewer hose that’s a little thinner so that you won’t have to spend more than you need.
The flow rate refers to how efficient the RV sewer hose is in getting the job done. Of course, you don’t want to take too long when dumping your RV waste. You just want to get it done as soon as possible!
The hole of the RV sewer hose plays a big role in this. You should choose a sewer hose with a hole that’s big enough to accommodate all the waste. This is to make sure that there’s no clogging issues and the waste won’t get stuck as you’re dumping them.
Experts recommend getting an RV sewer hose with a hole size of 4 x 4 inches. This will be good enough to ensure a consistent flow rate throughout your dumping process. But if you have a bigger waste water tank, you can look for a sewer hose with a bigger hole to accommodate the heavier flow.
Grey or Black Tank Outlet Size
Most modern RVs have standard tank outlet sizes so this shouldn’t be much of an issue. This is more of a concern for those with older RVs. You should pay attention to your gray or black water tank’s outlet size so that the RV sewer hose that you’ll get will be able to adapt to the size of your tank outlet.
Ease of Installation and Use
Dumping RV waste is a tedious task so let’s not make it complicated. You’d want to get the job done as quickly as possible. So you better make sure that you get an RV sewer hose that’s easy to install and use.
Look for features such as a snap on connection to make the operation a whole lot easier. Many RV owners recommend getting an RV sewer hose that has a clear connection. This allows you to see the contents of your RV waste water tanks as you’re draining them. You’ll be able to monitor and determine immediately once all the contents are fully emptied from the tanks.
You can read the customer reviews regarding their experiences in using the product. Did they have a hard time using it? Is it easy to attach and detach? Do you need to use other accessories when using it? The best RV sewer hose is simple to use and won’t give you a hard time when it’s time to dump your RV waste.
This refers to the RV sewer hose’s locking mechanism to make sure that there’s no leak when you dump the waste. There are 3 types of fittings for RV sewer hoses. These are the slip fitting, bayonet hook fitting, and CAM-lock connector.
Slip fittings are the simplest locking mechanism for RV sewer hoses and are most commonly found among older RV models.
The bayonet hook fittings are what you’ll usually find among modern RV models. These locking mechanisms fit well with a watertight seal.
Lastly, the CAM-lock connector fittings are probably the most advanced locking mechanism out there. They are close to being leak-proof but they come with a more expensive price tag.
Frequency of Use
If RVing is life for you, then you would need to look for sewer hoses that are heavy duty so that they can withstand the frequent use and various weather conditions as you travel.
Experts recommend RV sewer hoses that come with a flexible accordion-style design. These are more durable and would less likely be damaged even when they are constantly stretched all the way.
RV sewer hoses are an essential part of the RV waste dumping process. This article has shown us the benefits of getting a high quality RV sewer hose and we hope we are able to help you get the best RV sewer hose for your camper.
Frequently Asked Questions
What length RV sewer hose should I get?
You need to get a sewer hose that can reach the sewer connection or dumping station. If you get one that is too short, you will have a problem. This is why experts recommend that you get an RV sewer hose with a length of 15 feet to 20 feet. Many sewer hoses in the market come with those lengths but make it a habit to check the product description so that you will be sure about the length of the RV sewer hose that you’re getting.
Extension hoses are also available should you need them.
Are RV sewer hoses universal?
Yes, most RV hoses are universal. They match the industry standard 3 inch diameter found in different sewer hoses. The RV black water tank has a 3 inch outlet while the gray water tank has a 1.5 inch outlet. These two join together to a hose with a 3 inch diameter before they reach the sewer connection.
Where should RV sewer hoses be stored?
After you’re done using your RV sewer hose and you’ve already cleaned it, you should store it properly to ensure that it stays in good condition.
Many RVs have a built in area designed specifically to hold your sewer hose securely. Many DIYers also make their own RV sewer hose storage tube often located under the RV near the sewer outlet. There are some who use an RV sewer hose bin or storage bag for storing their sewer hose.
Always remember to put back the end caps of your RV sewer hose before you store it.
How to clean an RV sewer hose?
After dumping your RV waste and before you store your RV sewer hose, you should clean it first. It’s part of the proper maintenance of your hose so that it’ll always be in good condition. Here are some cleaning tips to make this task easier.
- Dump the waste in your black water tank first before the contents of your gray water tank. This is because your black water tank contains dirtier water along with some residues while your gray water tank usually just contains soapy water. The soapy water from your gray water tank will already help you in cleaning and flushing out the residues left in your sewer hose.
- You can connect a sewer hose cleaner to your rig’s sewer hose so that you can use a regular garden or utility hose in cleaning your RV sewer hose.
- Remove the fittings from your RV sewer hose and soak them overnight in a bucket with bleach and water. The following morning, drain the bleach solution. Use your garden or utility hose to spray off and rinse the fittings. Then just allow them to air dry before you store them or reconnect them to your RV sewer hose.
What RV sewer hose accessories do I need?
Dumping the RV waste isn’t exactly a pleasant experience. After all, we’re talking about stinky and dirty wastes here. So, to help you in dealing with this task, you should arm yourself with the right accessories to make handling the job much more efficient and easier.
These are some of the most common RV sewer hose accessories that you can find in the market:
- Latex gloves. These will give protection to your skin as you’re handling RV waste. These will make sure that you don’t have direct contact with the waste. Make sure that your hands are fully covered each time you’re dumping your RV waste.
- Hose adapters. These will prove to be useful when you come across a sewer connection in a campsite with a different configuration. These nifty items will make sure that you’ll get the proper fit any time. You should also get the translucent sewer hose adapter to help you monitor the waste that’s coming out of your hose. It allows you to see the flow of waste water. You’ll know when it’s over and you can already disconnect the hose without experiencing any leaks.
- Macerator. This is like a motorized grinder. It is recommended to help pulverize or break down the solid wastes in your black water tank. The solid waste will turn slurry. This will make flushing better and prevent blockages and foul smell.
- Hose cradle or sewer hose support. This item will help provide support to your RV sewer hose so that it won’t touch the ground as you’re using it. This is always a good idea as it reduces the risk of your RV sewer hose getting damaged by sharp or harmful objects along the way. It will also help secure the position of your RV sewer hose so that it won’t tip or slip when there’s movement.
- Flush hoses. You need this for cleaning your RV sewer hose so that you’re sure that it’s clean before storing it.
How to keep RV sewer hoses from freezing?
Every RVer knows that winter time can be harsh on your rig. There are parts and accessories that can freeze and render them useless. If it’s something as essential as an RV sewer hose, you definitely don’t want this to happen. That’s why you have to protect it from this harsh weather condition.
A good RVer is always ready for winter. Here are some tips to keep your RV sewer hoses from freezing.
- Before buying your RV sewer hose, look for weatherproof properties that will give it protection against any kind of weather including winter. Look for the product description as well as at the customer reviews regarding its performance when it’s cold. There are units that can still function effectively even when the temperature goes down to negative 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure that your RV sewer hose and fresh water hose are insulated by using a heated wrap. This will help ensure that your sewer hose won’t be slacking during winter. You can be sure that your RV waste will continue to flow all the way to the dumping station.
- Invest in some RV antifreeze that’s specifically made for black and gray water tanks. This will make the draining process smoother during winter.
What is the average lifespan of an RV sewer hose?
On the average, an RV sewer hose can last for about 2 years. After this, it’s time to replace the hose rather than wait for something nasty to happen. But of course, its actual lifespan will depend on the quality of the product that you’re buying as well as the frequency of use, maintenance, and proper care of the RV sewer hose.
So if you’re a full-time RVer, you might want to change your RV sewer hose sooner than but not later than 2 years.
For some maintenance tips, make sure you regularly inspect the entire length of your sewer hose for any cracks or damages especially along the joints and connections. If you see any weak points, you can do some preventive maintenance so that you can prevent leaks from happening.